KARA ALICE PITEK
Astute Professional Offering Top-Notch Contract Management Services in Fast-Paced Enterprises While Leading Diverse Teams and Ensuring Profitable Outcomes.
Dedicated and resourceful leader with extensive experience in project/program management, Federal Acquisition Regulations, government contracts administration, and client relationship management. Well-versed in offering expert acquisition guidance and oversight throughout the federal contracting lifecycle while mitigating risks and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements. Skilled at developing and implementing SOPs, overseeing acquisition teams, and writing procurement policy. Proficient in monitoring projects and contracts and guiding team members to accomplish tasks accurately under targeted time and budgetary constraints. Excellent communicator; recognized for collaborating with clients, stakeholders, and teams to manage priorities and achieve project milestones and deadlines.
September 2022 - present
August 2022 - present
September 2019 - Present
December 2016 - August 2019
September 2014 - December 2016
September 2013 - September 2014
GOLDBELT C6, Program Manager
Manage team of 12 contract specialists and procurement analysts providing pre- and post-award procurement and strategic policy support to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
• Develop and implement QC/QA procedures, tools to streamline efficiencies, and client relationship management techniques.
• Provide strategic leadership, technical direction, and guidance to all TO individuals in order to strive towards organizational success, improve work productivity, and yield significant results.
IRON BOW TECHNOLOGIES, Principal Contract Administrator
Apply problem solving techniques, collect pertinent data, brainstorm possibilities, and make appropriate recommendations to accomplish business and contractual goals.
• Ensures that company is in compliance with contractual and legal requirements, owner specifications, and government regulations.
• Understands internal and external expectations and utilizes that information to establish workflow direction and continuous quality improvement initiatives.
GARUD TECHNOLOGY SERVICES, Task Order Manager
Co-manage team of 17 Acquisition SMEs and Analysts; direct, coordinate, manage risk, and accomplish task order (TO) responsibilities, following projects’ deadlines and ensuring highest quality of TO deliverables.
• Formerly managed eight Acquisition SMEs and Analysts in support of $2B in Level 1 requirements; led acquisition function strategic planning across the Directorate, resulting in positive rapport and trust across client agency and initiation by the Government of 19 additional TO awards.
• Recognized for owning largest TO on BPA with most varied requirements, including acquisition assessment and workforce analysis and recommendations, workforce development, strategic planning, and direct procurement support to CORs and PMs.
ASI GOVERNMENT, Team Lead
Conducted financial and performance audits to assess Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and agency policy compliance and implemented corrective actions to drive process improvement and attain set objectives.
• Developed USDA acquisition policies, procedures, and training sessions based on FAR and Office of Federal Procurement Policy updates.
• Assisted federal agencies in transitioning legacy telecommunications contracts and services to GSA’s Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions IDIQ while managing seven-member Acquisition Team; Designed and facilitated EIS Fair Opportunity and Ordering Guide training course for government and contractor personnel.
NATIONAL PARK SERVICE, Procurement Analyst
Spearheaded the development and implementation of contracting policies and procedures for regional and field contracting offices. Offered effective oversight for Defense Logistics Agency Energy Interagency Agreement for fuel purchases across all National Park Service (NPS) regions.
• Monitored NPS internal control system to mitigate risks, safeguard assets, enhance work efficiency, and ensure fulfillment of OMB A-123 Internal Control Guidance requirements.
• Provided valuable insights as Team Lead for Acquisition Management Reviews to ensure compliance with FAR and Department and Bureau policy.
• Researched, authored, and implemented agency-wide contracting policies, procedures, and guidance
ASI GOVERNMENT, Consultant II
Contributed to effective planning, development, and execution of General Services Administration’s Northeast Infrastructure Solutions acquisition, including pre-solicitation and pre-award support services. Prepared acquisition schedules, project plans, objective statements, and budget estimates for efficient contracting.
• Provided acquisition oversight support to Securities and Exchange Commission’s Office of Acquisitions, including pre- and post-award reviews.
• Performed subject-matter and contract file procurement management reviews (PMRs) for SEC to assess compliance with statutes, regulations, and policies, and to streamline contracting office processes.
DC DEPARTMENT OF GENERAL SERVICES, WASHINGTON, DC • 2012 to 2013 • Contract Specialist
OFFICE OF THE INSPECTOR GENERAL, NEW YORK MTA, NEW YORK, NY • 2011 to 2012 • Staff Auditor
GENERAL SERVICES ADMINISTRATION, WASHINGTON, DC • 2009 to 2010 • Contract Specialist
MONTEFIORE MEDICAL CENTER, BRONX, NY • 2007 to 2008 • Housing Supervisor